Dear Allotment Holders, The Parish Council has been advised of the following by the National Allotment Society: Covid 19 Emergency Measures – March 26th, 2020.
Following the instructions around movement and gatherings from the Prime Minister on 23 March 2020, we are consulting with central government but as we understand the situation at the moment it is still permitted to visit your plot, to take daily exercise on their own or with members of your household. It is vitally important that you follow all the advice about social distancing and hygiene in the points below and not gather to-gether on site.
Any plot-holder who is self isolating because a household member is ill with corona-virus should not be visiting the site.
It is important that anyone attending the allotment takes care to stay the appropriate distance from others, avoid body contact and wash hands, as we have a water trough on site, please bring your own water to wash your hands.
It is essential that no un-authorised people are allowed onto the plots for the duration of this emergency.
Please remember to look out for one another during these very difficult times.
Members should take the following precautionary measures:
• Keep hand sanitiser in your shed and wash your hands regularly in water you have brought to site
• Use hand sanitiser before opening and closing any gate locks
• DO NOT gather together for a chat even if you are 2 metres apart.
• Observe “Social Distancing” with each other 2-3 metres
• If you take your children to the plot, ensure that they stay within its confines and do not run around on communal paths and spaces.
• Do not share tools
• Minimise the contact with each other for example no handshakes
• Do not wash your hands in water troughs – bring your own water to our site.