East Staffordshire Voluntary Car Scheme provides a service to help the elderly and those living in East Staffordshire who are unable to use public transport to make those essential journeys.
Volunteer drivers, using their own cars, offer a door to door service and will wait up to 90 minutes for the return journey.
The scheme can be used for the following:
1. Hospital, doctors or dentist appointments.
2. Hospital patient visiting.
3. Social visits.
4. Collection of prescriptions.
5. Shopping trips.
The following fees apply:
1. Fees in line with recommended passenger fare table; or 45p per mile plus 5p per additional passenger.
2. Escorts travel free of charge.
3. Service users can also join the scheme for a £5.00 annual membership.
4. Additional fees may apply, i.e., parking fees, toll fees, admin charge of £1.00 (to cover telephone calls).
East Staffordshire Voluntary Car Scheme
Burton area – 01283 538385 1700 – 2100
Uttoxeter area – 01889 500731
Burton area mobile – 07716 417410
Uttoxeter area mobile – 07779 426730
In partnership with Staffordshire County Council