We have been provided with the following information.
2022 IRONMAN 70.3 STAFFORDSHIRE
- Any general public query about IRONMAN that cannot be answered using the information below should be signposted to the official website ironman.com/im703-staffordshire
- All the official route and access maps can be accessed under the ‘Traffic Impact’ section of ironman.com/im703-staffordshire-course
The route for this year’s IRONMAN 70.3 Staffordshire event is set.
The IRONMAN 70.3 Staffordshire triathlon event will take place on Sunday 12 June 2022 and covers 70.3 miles through the Staffordshire countryside, passing through the towns of Stafford and Rugeley.
The IRONMAN 70.3 Staffordshire ‘first-timer friendly course’ traverses much of our wonderful countryside providing an opportunity to showcase Staffordshire across the UK and internationally.
With a reservoir swim, meandering bike course, and finish line in Stafford’s Market Square, athletes will be taking true advantage of the region’s beauty.
The 2022 IRONMAN 70.3 Staffordshire Route
- The race starts with a one-lap swim course which is 1.2 miles long and will take place at Chasewater, near Lichfield.
- After this, athletes will get on their bikes and travel through the heart of the Staffordshire countryside. The 56 mile route will follow the road up through Kings Bromley and Yoxall going up to Draycott in The Clay before turning off and passing through the village of Marchington.
- Then riders will go back down south towards Abbots Bromley passing over the Blithfield Reservoir before passing down into Rugeley town centre. Once there, riders will follow the A513 through Cannock Chase and Milford before heading into Stafford.
- The run course starts at Riverway and goes through Stafford, running alongside the River Sow, into Stafford town centre and towards Stafford Castle before finishing off in Stafford Market Square.
All the official route and access maps can be accessed at www.ironman.com/im703-staffordshire-course under ‘Traffic Impact’
Residents, businesses, and visitors are urged to plan ahead for travel arrangements on the day
Up to 3,000 athletes will compete on the day, and an event as big as this takes some meticulous planning as you can imagine.
This includes several road access and traffic management initiatives, and so if you live, work or plan to visit or travel near any of the route outlined above, then you are urged to look at the traffic access page on the official IRONMAN Staffordshire website and plan any travel or journey that you intend to make on the weekend of 11 and 12 June 2022 accordingly.
There will be unrestricted access for emergency services at all times.
If you have any access questions, please contact email@example.com or call 03330 11 66 00
You can learn more about IRONMAN 70.3 Staffordshire, including how to get involved, spectate or volunteer – and of course check out those all-important route and road access guides – at the official IRONMAN website. www.ironman.com/im703-staffordshire