Two new policies for the Parish Council 2019

Dear Residents,

At the last parish council meeting the Councillors ratified two new policies for the Council.

Anonymous Contact with the Council and a Frame of Reference for the working groups, which have been created to discuss the answers to the Parish Questionnaires.

The new policies are below and can be found in the policy area of the website.

URPC Anonymous Contact with Council Policy 2019

URPC Frame of Reference for Working Group 2019

Tai Chi classes in Doveridge and Uttoxeter

Dear Residents

The Parish Council have been provided with the following details of a class in Doveridge and Uttoxeter.

Tai Chi evening class in Uttoxeter at the Heath Community Centre, Holly Road, Uttoxeter, ST14 7DP at 7pm for one hour.

Tail Chi evening class in Doveridge at Village Hall, Sand Lane, Doveridge, DE6 5JQ at 7pm for one hour.

The cost is £6 per person and the Instructor is Christine Bettson.

Please see the poster link below:

Anslow Parish Council have an allotment vacancy

Dear Residents,

Anslow Parish Council have sent through some details of a vacant allotment plot and have asked neighbouring Parish Council to advert it.

The allotment site is situated at the corner of
MAIN ROAD & HOPLEY ROAD, ANSLOW (nearest postcode DE13 9QT)

The rent is £26 per annum plus £5 per person Insurance

If you are interested in renting this allotment space in Anslow, please contact the Clerk Judy on the email address below:


Please see the poster below:


Rolleston History Group – talk on Mosley Estate – 26th October 2019

The Parish Council have been made aware of the following talk and thought the residents of the Parish would like details, see below:



Saturday 26th October, 9.30 am – 12.30 pm

On the 22nd and 23rd October 1919, in the Co-Operative Hall, Byrkley Street, Burton upon Trent, the feudal Mosley estate, consisting of most of Rolleston and Anslow and parts of Tutbury, was to be sold by auction.

Much of the rural estate transferred to private hands overnight but the sale of the village and Hall dragged on for three more sales leading up to the demolition of the Hall in 1925

The History Friends will tell the story of those sales and also look at members of the Mosley family around that time.


10.00 – 10.45 The Estate Sales 1919 – 1924 Tom Martin

10.45 – 11.30 Coffee, viewing of Estate sales plans
and pictures of the time

11.30 – 12.15 The Mosleys of the Early 20th Century Arnold Burston

Tickets £5.00 available from

St Mary’s Church Tom & Sylvia Martin, Tel 813320,

Arnold Burston, Tel 813457: Michael Wardell, Tel 812565: John Phillips, Tel 813833

All proceeds in support of St Mary’s Maintenance Fund

Staffordshire Police – new Single Online Home website

Dear Residents,

Staffordshire Police have provided the following information to the Parish Council:

On Wednesday 14 August Staffordshire Police will replace its current website with Single Online Home (SOH).

SOH is a new interactive website where members of the public can report non-urgent crime, submit complaints or praise, make requests under the freedom of information act, view local crime statistics and seek advice on a range of crime types and crime prevention methods.

Along with Single Online Home, we also have the ability to allow the communities of Staffordshire to report crime via social media. Our Digital 101 team takes reports of non-urgent crime, seven days a week, 7am – midnight on Facebook and Twitter.