NOTICE OF CASUAL VACANCY – Local Government Act 1972 S.87(2)
– UTTOXETER RURAL PARISH COUNCIL has been advised by East Staffordshire Borough Council(ESBC) that a casual vacancy is available on the Parish Council.
Andy O’Brien, ESBC Returning Officer confirmed the Casual Vacancy on the 4th April 2019.
If you are interested in becoming a Parish Council for Bramshall, then please read the qualification criteria below from the Local Government Act 1972 s79:
(a) on that day he is and thereafter he continues to be a local government elector for the area of the authority; or
(b) he has during the whole of the twelve months preceding that day occupied as owner or tenant any land or other premises in that area; or
(c) his principal or only place of work during that twelve months has been in that area; or
(d) he has during the whole of those twelve months resided in that area; or
(e) in the case of a member of a parish or community council he has during the whole of those twelve months resided either in the parish or community or within three miles of it.
Please see list of qualities below to give you an understanding of the competency for a parish councillor and read the Good Councillor guide pdf which opens in a separate page, via the link at the bottom of this notice, to ensure you understand how a Parish Council works.
Experience, Skills, Knowledge and Ability • Solid interest in local matters.
• Ability and willingness to represent the Council and their community.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Ability to communicate clearly both orally and in writing.
• Ability and willingness to work closely with other members and to maintain good working relationships with all members and staff.
• Good reading and analytic skills.
• Ability and willingness to work with the council’s partners (e.g. voluntary groups, other parish councils, principal authority, charities).
• Ability and willingness to undertake relevant training.
• Experience of working in another public body or not for profit organisation
• Experience of working with voluntary and or local community/ interest groups.
• Basic knowledge of legal issues relating to town and parish councils or local authorities.
• Experience of working with the media.
• Experience in financial control/budgeting
• use of Word and email – essential
Ability and willingness to attend meetings of the council (or the meetings of other local authorities and local bodies) in the evening and events in the evening and at weekends.
The casual vacancy will be considered at the next Parish Meeting, 14th May 2019, which takes place at St Lawrence Church, Bramshall at 7.30pm
For more information please contact the Clerk by phone 01889 566393 or email email@example.com