EUROPEAN PARLIAMENTARY ELECTION
WEST MIDLANDS REGION
THURSDAY 23 MAY 2019
1. An election is to be held of 7 Members of the European Parliament for the West Midlands Region.
2. Nomination papers are to be delivered to the Elections Office, Council House, Victoria Square, Birmingham B1 1BB, between 10.00 am and 4.00 pm on any week day after the date of this notice (except 19 April and 22 April 2019) but not later than 4.00pm on Thursday 25 April 2019.
3. Forms of nomination paper may be obtained at the place and times mentioned above.
4. The deposit for each registered political party or individual candidate (£5,000) can be paid when submitting papers by:
• legal tender (cash in British pounds only); or
• bankers draft (drawn by a UK bank and made payable to “Regional Returning Officer, Birmingham”)
• and with my prior permission, by debit or credit card (Delta, Solo, Switch/Maestro, Mastercard or Visa) or the electronic transfer of funds.
5. If the election is contested the poll will take place on Thursday 23 May 2019.
6. Applications to be included in the register of electors must reach the relevant Electoral Registration Officer by 12 midnight on Tuesday 7 May 2019, if they are to be effective for the election.
7. Applications, amendments or cancellations of postal votes must reach the relevant Electoral Registration Officer by 5pm on Wednesday 8 May 2019.
8. Applications to vote by proxy at this election must reach the relevant Electoral Registration Officer by 5pm on Wednesday 15 May 2019.
9. Applications to vote by emergency proxy at this election on the grounds of physical incapacity or for work/service reasons must reach the relevant Electoral Registration Officer at their offices by 5pm on Thursday 23 May 2019. The physical incapacity must have occurred after 5pm on Wednesday 15 May 2019. To apply on the grounds of work/service, the person must have become aware that they cannot go to the polling station in person after 5pm on Wednesday 15 May 2019
Council House Kate Charlton
Birmingham B1 1BB Regional Returning Officer
15 April 2019
Printed and Published by the Regional Returning Officer, Council House, Victoria Square, Birmingham B1 1BB