We have been provided with the following information about the Election of Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner – 6th May 2021:
Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner Election
For the Staffordshire Police Area
- An election is to be held for a Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner for the Staffordshire Police Area.
- Nomination papers can be obtained from the office of the Police Area Returning Officer, Town Hall, King Edward Place, Burton upon Trent, DE14 2EB, during the times stated below.
- Nomination papers must be delivered to the Police Area Returning Officer at Town Hall, King Edward Place, Burton upon Trent, DE14 2EB, between 10am and 4pm on any working day after publication of this notice but no later than 4pm on Thursday 8 April 2021.
- If the election is contested the poll will take place on Thursday 6 May 2021.
- Applications to register to vote must reach the relevant Electoral Registration Officer by 12 midnight on Monday 19 April 2021. Applications can be made online: https://www.gov.uk/register-to-vote.
- The £5,000 deposit can be paid by legal tender or by means of a banker’s draft from a drawer which carries on business as a banker in the United Kingdom. Payment will be also be accepted by card or electronic transfer of funds.
- Applications, amendments or cancellations of postal votes must reach the relevant Electoral Registration Officer by 5pm on Tuesday 20 April 2021.
- Applications to vote by proxy at this election must reach the relevant Electoral Registration Officer by 5pm on Tuesday 27 April 2021.
- Applications to vote by emergency proxy at this election on the grounds of physical incapacity or for work/service reasons must reach the relevant Electoral Registration Officer by 5pm on 6 May 2021. The physical incapacity must have occurred after 5pm on Tuesday 27 April 2021. To apply on the grounds of work/service, the person must have become aware that they cannot go to the polling station in person after 5pm on Tuesday 27 April 2021.
Electoral Registration Officer contact details Voting area Address Contact details Cannock Chase Elections Office, Civic Centre, Beecroft Road, Cannock, WS11 1BG email@example.com
01543 464437 or 464754
East Staffordshire Elections Office, PO Box 8045, Burton upon Trent, Staffordshire, DE14 9JG firstname.lastname@example.org
Lichfield Elections Office, District Council House, Frog Lane, Lichfield, WS13 6YU email@example.com
Newcastle-under-Lyme Elections Office, Castle House, Barracks Road, Newcastle-under-Lyme, ST5 1BL firstname.lastname@example.org
South Staffordshire Elections Office, Council Offices, Codsall, Wolverhampton Road, South Staffordshire, WV8 1PX email@example.com
Stafford Borough Elections Office, Civic Offices, Riverside, Stafford, ST16 3AQ firstname.lastname@example.org
Staffordshire Moorlands Elections Office, Moorlands House, Stockwell Street, Leek, ST13 6HQ email@example.com
Stoke-on-Trent Elections Office, Floor 2, Civic Centre, Glebe Street, Stoke-on-Trent, ST4 1HH firstname.lastname@example.org
Tamworth Elections Office, Marmion House, Lichfield Street, Tamworth, B79 7BZ email@example.com