Please see below information on the scheme.
Independent retailers now eligible for a free PPE starter pack – last few packs remaining
We all know that face coverings can help boost customer and staff confidence – and no more so than in the retail industry.
Staffordshire has thousands of brilliant independent local retailers who make our towns and county unique. If you’re a retailer, we know that you need a business boost now more than ever.
For some, especially those with smaller premises, having reliable, effective PPE can be the difference between being able to open and make ends meet, and staying closed.
Now the county council is offering independent retailers (no chains) with nine or less employees* (full-time equivalent) the chance to get a free starter pack of PPE, which includes:
- 30 Type IIR resistant surgical masks
- Approx. 25 pairs of gloves (powder / latex free, non-sterile)
- Links to trusted suppliers of PPE
- Links to other sources of business support
… all within seven working days.
Well over a thousand packs have already been distributed – it’s first come first served, with limited stock remaining. Once they’re gone, they’re gone! Other businesses eligible for a free PPE pack now include many micro-businesses that need to work in close proximity or tight spaces:
- Accountants and financial advisors
- Education tutors
- Domestic trades – plumbers, electricians, cleaners, etc
- Accommodation, campsites, B and Bs and hotels
- Food and drink – take aways, pubs, cafes and restaurants
- Personal trainers
- Therapists – e.g. counsellors, physiotherapists, etc
*Available to businesses with any number of staff as long as this does not exceed the total hours of nine full-time equivalent posts.
Please use the link below to make receive the free pack.